AdWords offers a financial lifeline for a lot of businesses, big and small. Finding helpful ways to manage PPC networks (i.e. AdWords and Adcenter primarily) are few and far between. Sure, there are numerous consultants out there more than ready to cut into your profit margins, but the minimum contracts and fuzzy promises probably have kept you from taking the bait.
While you can find certainly many AdWords PPC “celebrities” on the market who may have oversaw PPC campaigns of either great size or number, I battle to imagine someone who has poured the ceaseless day-to-day hours in the last 7 years when i have. Toiling over the best way to refine and optimize campaigns, ad groups, etc. to obtain also a.5% improvement has become my entire life because it directly correlated to how big my paycheck and success of our business. There hasn’t been a single person at Google or outside Google that has successfully provided a suggestion or found a chink within my structure, yet there has been many who have said “wow- I never imagined of accomplishing that before”.
So when it comes to giving AdWords tips for people who get in touch for ideas, 10 away from 10 times I will claim that their problems stem from a single of 5 issues.
1. Poor account structure – Structure doesn’t take into account like products, demographics, network, or geography.
2. Mismanaged or under-managed bidding – Google AdWords can make it quite simple for individuals to get lulled into default bids, AdWords despite its efforts at automating needs active management.
3. Insufficient ad testing for Ad text – Ad text optimization is a tricky business. Not only do successful ads become less successful with time, the criteria and binding the website landing page is crucial – even more so this year than in the past as quality score is playing a huge part in a campaign’s profitability.
4. Poorly mined keywords – Keywords are the currency which makes PPC work. AdWords provides great tools for understanding keywords, unfortunately, they are fragmented. Besides CTR, cost/conv., impressions, match type and clicks; you will find elements like assists, search funnels, negatives, ROI, view-through conversions. These less understood elements are what makes AdWords profitable and accounts need constant assistance to optimize.
5. AdWords not aligned with landing page – Not everyone is a graphics designer, me included, but you can find basic approaches which everyone can choose to use enhance your conversions. Keep in mind a powerful CTR x strong Website Landing Page = maximum conversions.
Getting conversions profitably isn’t quite as easy as Google leads one to believe, but if you are diligent and actively manage your campaigns, considering the account structure, bidding, ad testing, keyword mining, and landing page optimization I can guarantee you will end up on the way to recovery. AdWords guidance is only an email away.
PPC optimization is vital to sustain success using Adwords. Below we touch upon many techniques to optimize your campaigns for better profitability.
Understand Keyword Match Types
Although an elementary concept in Pay Per Click Marketing advertising, understanding keyword match types is vital to achieve success. Google fails keyword match types in three primary ways: Broad, [Exact], and “Phrase” match.
In The Search Engines search, a broad match can often times be extremely broad. For example, for any keyword phrase like “Kids military uniforms,” underneath the broad match setting, your ad may be triggered for searches like “childrens army suit” or “youth navy uniform.” Essentially, broad match is extremely broad, so ensure you really know what you’re entering into if you decide to leave keywords as broad (without “quotes” for phrase match or [brackets] for exact match.)
Using exact keyword matching by all around the keyword phrase in brackets will make sure that your ads are only triggered when search engine users submit that exact phrase, surely nothing else. By making use of exact xrnyuh matching, it is possible to better minimize wasted impressions from broad searches and lower budget-sucking click-throughs.
Because exact phrase match might forget to display your ads for searchers that you simply actual do want to capture, a great alternative is using modified broad matching. Modified broad is simply placing a ” ” symbol directly facing each keyword (without space) that you might want specifically mentioned in a user’s search query. The ” ” symbol helps to ensure that this word, and only very close variations (such as plural and singular variations) are what trigger your ads. So if we bid on the keyword ” kids military uniforms” our ad is still displayed for search queries like “kid military uniform” or “kids military uniforms for sale,” not “childrens navy uniform.”